Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Scotland trip....... the last post.

From Inverness it was through the Cairngorms, leaving the Highlands,  to Edinburgh.

We were in Edinburgh last year for a week so we didn't go into the City, just stayed  around the campsite on the banks of the Firth of Forth and caught up with all the domestics of being on the road for a while.



Leith marina 


Leith is now the home base of the Royal Yacht Britannia, which is now privately owned and as such they charge to go on it.  But they also dont let you get near it. 


This was just outside the campsite and views across the Firth. 



On leaving Edinburgh we stopped off at Durham for a few days to visit the city and Beamish Museum.

Durham is a great cathedral city with interesting walks around it.











There is so much to see and do in Beamish so I've just included a few shots.  Its a living museum and everyone is in period costume.  Its well worth visiting and we spent 6 hours there and the time just flew.












From Durham it was a long drive down to Andover to visit our daughter and family and then after a couple of days of helping them with the garden it was back home for the end of the month Bank Holiday.

I've only just managed to put these posts together and that was mainly down to it being a rainy day and being confined indoors.  I read many "Road Blogs" from travellers in the US and I have great admiration for them as they put together their posts as they go along, how they manage it I dont know, as at the end of each day on the road I was more than ready for my bed.





Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar