Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Through The Garden Gate : July 2020




Lots to love and savour this month in the garden. From the Peacock butterflies on the buhdlia to the scented perfume of the sweet peas wafting in the breeze. We've tried to live in the garden as much as possible. The odd few grey days but on the whole, a good month to enjoy the garden at its peak. 

Tomatoes are now ripening and being picked daily, salad crops have grown leggy and new seeds are now coming up to replace them. Next year I need to sew more often as there will be an absence of leaves for a few weeks. As for the courgettes they grow to marrow size in days. I'm thinking of selling them at the mill when I volunteer!

Despite my disappointment with the wrong dahlia ( I ended up with a refund from Sarah Raven), I've thoroughly enjoyed whatever the new one was. Still no name. One of my old dahlias grew the size of a dinner plate although subsequent flowers have been paler.











Insect life continues to be prolific with some intriguing green fly on the tansy plant. Within days something had happily munched them for me. We certainly have a very organic garden these days.




The borders are filled solid with agapanthus, gauras, and nasturtians. A very colourful mix. My seventeen year old cat Wizard patrols the grounds daily and then slumps in the summer house for the afternoon. Blissful days.


























So time I got back out there for a spot of dead heading. How are things in your garden? Do click here to see other gardens from Sarah's Through The Garden Gate.

Barbara xxx


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar